Sunday 6 September 2009

Sleeping Beauty ......Cycle 3, Days 5 and 6

The build up of side effects after Friday's chemo kicked in with a vengeance on Saturday. Steve had to dose himself regularly with the anti-nausea pills and had a long nap on Saturday afternoon. He managed to stay wake long enough to join in the family meal with Katie and George early in the evening, but was in bed well before 9 p.m.

I'd like to say that I woke him with a kiss this morning, like a role-reversal sleeping beauty, but the reality was more mundane. After a late night myself, I completely forgot to make ready the tray for our morning coffee in bed, so we had to get up for our caffeine fix. Probably a good thing in retrospect, as Steve was sick soon after (and as everyone else was fine, I don't think that my chicken tikka masala from last night was to blame.....)

The good news is that whilst he hasn't felt brilliant today, Steve managed to stay awake for most of it - just dozed off for a bit in front of the cricket - so was able to enjoy Katie and George's last few hours at home before seeing them off on their way back to Yorkshire.

I dive back into work tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the brain still works, and how long it takes to go through my office e-mail. Must try not to have nightmares...

After all, tomorrow is another day
Gone with the Wind
1939

No comments:

Post a Comment