Saturday 10 December 2011

Countdown: 5

If you have dropped by the blog for the first time in a week or two, you may think I've gone into a parallel universe where Christmas is coming in five days time.  In fact the countdown relates to Steve's next hospital assessment on 15 December and what we have been doing to distract ourselves and avoid getting too stressed about what will happen next Thursday.  


In some ways it helps that Christmas is just around the corner - lots to keep us occupied. Today we have been printing and writing Christmas cards, and managed to post the first batch to friends in the UK.  Still lots to do, but at least it's a step in the right direction....I also enjoyed meeting up for a festive lunch with friends that I used to work with at the City Council, some 10 years ago - lovely to see you all and catch up with your news!  


In other ways, it brings home to me that another year has passed since Steve was diagnosed with mesothelioma and I find myself wondering how much longer will Steve's stable condition continue?  Such thoughts are not conducive to the festive spirit, so I try to put them out of my mind and focus on the positive even though it can be hard at times.  Need more distractions!



No comments:

Post a Comment